Approx. 12 servings
- Pomegranate juice – 1 cup
- Guava juice – 2 cups
- Club soda – 1 cup
- Simple syrup – 1/2 cup
- Fresh lime juice – 4 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Ice cubes – 2 cups
- Rum – 1.5 cups (10 oz.) [OPTIONAL]
In a blender add all of the above, except half mint leaves. Blend for few minutes. Pour in chilled glasses. Garnish with remaining fresh mint leaves and lime slices and serve.
Note: For non-alcoholic drink, leave rum out.
Simple Syrup: 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar, boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool it and use it in preparing beverages.
Ingredients: Approx. 2 servings
- Fresh Strawberries – 8 cleaned and cut into halves
- Milk (low fat) – 2 cups
- Fat free Vanilla Ice cream – 1 scoop
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries – 2
In a blender, add cut strawberries, milk, ice cream, honey and Ice. Blend for a minute. Pour in tall glasses and garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
Enjoy your healthy yummy shake.
Note: You can add any protein mix of your choice to make it a meal.
Beat the summer heat with refreshing Cucumber cooler drink.
Makes 6 servings approx.
- English cucumber – 3 (peeled and cubed)
- Celery – 1 cup (cubed)
- Mint leaves – 10
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 2 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Strain and serve chilled. Garnish with cucumber slices and mint leaves.
Note: Add Vodka and convert refreshing cucumber cooler into Cucumber martini.
For approx. 6 servings
Cold whole milk – 3 cups
Sugar – 1.5 cup
Poppy seeds (Khuskhus) – 1 tbsp
Almonds – 15
Saffron (Kesar) – 12 strands
Aniseed (Saunf) – 1 tbsp
Melon seeds (Char magaz) – 2 tbsp
Peppercorns (Kali mirch whole) – 8
Cardamom powder (Elaichi) – 1 tsp
Rose water – 1 tsp
Water – 3 cups
- Soak almonds, melon seeds, aniseed, poppy seeds and peppercorns in half of the water for couple of hours.
- Finely grind all the soaked ingredients, using little water.
- Tie this paste in a muslin cloth and extract the juices as much as possible.
- The extract is then mixed with milk, remaining water, sugar, saffron, cardamom powder and rose water.
- Mix well few times.
- Serve chilled.
Enjoy this soothing chilled drink on Maha Shivratri, Holi or any summer evening.
Masala Chai or Spiced tea has medicinal benefits for cold, sinus and itchy throat. It helps relieving congested sinus and soothes irritated throats.
Benefits of Tea:
The antioxidant properties in tea are well known. Whether you choose black or green tea for your chai, you’ll still benefit from a beverage rich in antioxidants.
Ayurveda asserts that poor digestion contributes to or causes many ailments. For that reason, strong digestion is vitally important. The Pacific College of Oriental medicine states that the basic spices in chai help stimulate, balance and support digestion. Cinnamon helps to calm the stomach and combat nausea and diarrhea. Ginger also soothes the stomach. Black pepper stimulates digestive fire as soon as it touches the taste buds. Cloves stimulate digestion. Fennel helps disperse flatulence.
With its powerful antioxidant properties, tea helps reduce inflammation. Chai/ tea’s anti-inflammatory star is ginger. Ayurveda frequently recommends ginger for inflammatory conditions like arthritis.
Chai tea provides a robust, satisfying beverage that can substitute for some of your daily coffee consumption. Caffeinated tea has less caffeine than coffee, and decaffeinated tea has almost none. Having chai instead of coffee provides health benefits and satisfies the taste buds.
For approx. 2 servings
Cardamom pods (elaichi) – 4
Cloves (laung)– 2
Cinnamon stick small (dalchini)– 1
Black pepper corns (kali mirch)- 6
Bay leaves (tej patta) – 2
Fennel seeds (saunf)– 1 tsp
Ginger root (adarak)– 1 inch crushed
Water – 2 cups
Loose Tea – 1.5 tbsp
Milk – 1.5 cups
Sugar/Honey/ Sugar Substitute – 2 tbsp
- Add all the above spices to water and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add loose tea to it. Boil for 2 more minutes.
- Now add milk and sugar/honey, bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea through tea-strainer in tea cups. Serve immediately.
Enjoy masala tea with your favorite snack.
Ingredients: For 2-3 servings approx.
- Coconut Juice – 1 cup
- Sparkling pear juice – 1 cup
- Fresh pear slices – 8
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
In a shaker, mix coconut juice, sparkling pear juice and Ice. Shake for couple of minutes. Pour in tall glasses. Add 3 slice of fresh pears in each glass and garnish with one slice.
Enjoy this refreshing drink in a sunny afternoon on your porch.
For 2 servings approx.
- Original or fat free yogurt – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Fresh ripe mango or mango pulp – 1 cup
- Sugar or Splenda – 2 tsp
- Saffron – 5 strings
- Cardamon powder – 1 pinch
Combine mango cubes or mango pulp, yogurt, milk, sugar/splenda, saffron and cardamom powder into a blender. Blend it for 2-3 minutes. Pour in tall glasses, garnish with cardamom powder and saffron.