Eggless blueberry muffins are great for healthy breakfast or a snack.
Approx. 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups ( I used 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 cup all purpose flour)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 4 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Melted butter – 3 tbsp
- Fresh or frozen blueberries – 1 cup
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in milk and melted butter slowly . Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Eggless banana walnut muffins
This is a classic recipe for making eggless banana walnut muffins. You can substitute walnuts with any nut of your choice for this recipe.
- Ripe bananas – 3
- Sugar – 3/4 cups
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Melted butter – 1/3 cup
- Flax seed powder -1 tbsp + 3 tbsp water
- Walnuts – 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mash bananas and keep side.
- In a small bowl, add flex seed powder with 3 tbsp water. Mix well.
- In a large bowl, sift all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add mashed bananas, flex mixture, sugar, vanilla extract, chopped nuts, salt and melted butter. Mix well.
- Line the muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Pour the above mixture in each cup. Sprinkle brown sugar on each muffin top. It gives crunch and beautiful brown color to muffins. Bake for 25 minutes or till done.
Serve banana walnut muffins warm or at room temperature for breakfast.
For 1 banana nut loaf
- Whole wheat flour – 1.25 cups (You can substitute with All purpose flour for traditional recipe)
- Chopped walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Chopped pecans – 1/4 cup
- Ripe bananas – 3 mashed
- Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup melted
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Flax seeds powder – 2 tbsp (egg substitute)
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 2 tbsp for sprinkling on the top
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
Nutritional Facts of flax seeds:
Flax seeds contain high levels of dietary fiber including lignans, an abundance of micronutrients and omega-3 fatty acids (table). Flax seeds may lower cholesterol levels, especially in women. Initial studies suggest that flax seeds taken in the diet may benefit individuals with certain types of breast and prostate cancers. A study done at Duke university suggests that flaxseed may stunt the growth of prostate tumors, although a meta-analysis found the evidence on this point to be inconclusive. Flax may also lessen the severity of diabetes by stabilizing blood-sugar levels. There is some support for the use of flax seed as a laxative due to its dietary fiber content though excessive consumption without liquid can result in intestinal blockage. Consuming large amounts of flax seed may impair the effectiveness of certain oral medications, due to its fiber content, and may have adverse effects due to its content of neurotoxic cyanogen glycosides and immunosuppressive cyclic nonapeptides.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Grease a non stick loaf pan with some butter. Keep aside.
- Prepare flax paste, i.e. 2 tbsp flax seed flour + 6 tbsp water, mix well.[Flax seed flour works as egg substitute]
- In a large bowl, sift flour and baking soda.
- Now add, chopped walnuts, pecans, mashed bananas, butter, Flax seed powder dissolved in water, brown sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well.
- Transfer the batter to the pre greased loaf pan.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp brown sugar on the top. It gives beautiful brown color and crunch to the bread.
- Put the pan in the oven for 45 minutes or an hour. Insert a skewer in the middle, if it comes out clean, banana nut bread is done.
- Take it out of the oven, cool it completely and then slice it.
Serve banana nut bread slice with vanilla ice-cream or a cup of coffee.
Ingredients: For eggless sponge cake
Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2can
Self raising flour- 140 gms (5 oz.) or 1.25 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp (leveled)
Baking soda or soda bi-carb – ½ tsp
Melted butter – 60 ml (2 fl.oz.)
Water – 75ml (2.5fl.oz.)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees (F).
- Grease 8 inches diameter cake pan.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence, water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture in the greased cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees (F) and bake for further 10 minutes or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert knife in the center of the cake come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off for few minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
- Cool the cake completely before decorating.