Happy New Year to everyone! Let’s start this year with this quick and healthy recipe for fried rice. It can be prepared with all the vegetables you have or all the vegetables you like:)… Enjoy this easy recipe!
Approx. 4 servings
Basmati rice – 1.5 cup
Onions – 1 medium (sliced)
Cauliflower or Broccoli – 1 cup (small florets)
Red bell pepper – 1 (cup cut strips)
Green peas – 1/2cup
Garlic – 1/2 tbsp minced
Ginger – 1/2 tbsp grated
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tbsp
Cumin seeds (Jira) – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Wash basmati rice twice. Cook the rice with 3 cups of water.
- Clean and cut all the vegetables as directed. Keep aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, add olive oil. Add cumin seeds, when it starts to crackle, add sliced onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger-garlic and all the vegetables. Sauté on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all these cooked vegetables to the cooked rice and add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
- In the end, add garlic chili sauce, mix well and slow cook the vegetable fried rice half covered for 4 more minutes.
Serve steamy vegetable fried rice with boondi raita (spicy yogurt).