Fruit custard is an easy fruit salad with delicate creamy sweet sauce. It can be served as dessert or a side dish.
For Fruit Custard – Approx. 6 servings
- Custard powder (Vanilla flavor) – 2 tbsp
- Whole Milk – 3 cups
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Seedless grapes – 1 cup
- Apple – 1
- Banana – 1/2
- Pomegranate seeds – 1/2 cup
- Almonds – 8
- Cashew nuts – 8
- In a small bowl, take 1/2 cup warm milk and add 2 tbsp custard powder. Mix well to make it smooth and lump free. Keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add remaining milk and bring it to a boil. Add sugar and mix well.
- Now gradually add custard mix to the milk. Stir continuously. It starts to thicken.
- Mix well and turn the heat off.
- Cool it down at the room temperature and then refrigerate.
- Clean and cut all the fruits in bite size pieces and keep aside.
- Chop the nuts for garnish and keep aside.
Garnish and serving suggestion:
In a serving bowl, arrange cut fruits. Now pour chilled custard and garnish with chopped nuts and pomegranate seeds. Serve chilled.
Fruit & Ice-cream-Trifle
This colorful and beautiful dessert is a sure crowd stunner. Trifle can be created in a number of different ways; using different ingredients every single time. I personally like the combination of fresh fruits and ice-cream so I tried this recipe with my favorite fruits and vanilla ice-cream with whipped cream, of course.
For Fruit & Ice-cream-Trifle [approx. 12 servings]
Frozen whipped cream, thawed – 1 (12 ounce) tub
Vanilla Ice-cream – 1/2 gallon
Fresh Kiwis – 5 ( peeled and sliced)
Fresh strawberries -1 pint
Fresh Cantaloupe – 1 cut in bite size chunks
Pineapple chunks – 1 large can
Mixed Fruit Cocktail – 1 large can
Whipped cream – 1 (for garnish)
Maraschino cherries – 1 jar
- Prepare all the ingredients as directed. Keep aside.
- In the trifle bowl, (you can also use any other large bowl too) layer the bottom of the bowl with cantaloupe chunks. Cover the layer with thawed whipped cream.
- Line the side of the trifle bowl with kiwi and strawberry slices. Inside keep layering fruit cocktail with ice-cream then pineapples with whipped cream and ice-cream till the bowl is almost full.
- On the top, garnish the layer with whipped cream. Decorate with cherries, kiwis and strawberries.
- Keep in the freezer till served.
Enjoy this fancy dessert with your friends and family after dinner.
Tangy Tomato-Apple drink
Super healthy, digestive, non-carbonated drink. Not only looks great but tastes good too! An easy way to consume your daily serving of fresh fruits and vegetables altogether.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are now eaten freely throughout the world, and their consumption is believed to benefit the heart among other things. They contain lycopene, one of the most powerful natural antioxidants. Tomato consumption has been associated with decreased risk of breast cancer, head and neck cancers and might be strongly protective against neurodegenerative diseases.
Apples: This food is very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber and Vitamin C.
Ginger: A variety of uses are suggested for ginger. Tea brewed from ginger is a folk remedy for colds. Three to four leaves of Tulsi taken along with a piece of ginger on an empty stomach is considered an effective cure for congestion, cough and cold. Ginger has been found effective in multiple studies for treating nausea caused by seasickness, morning sickness and chemotherapy.
For Tangy tomato-apple gingerale [3-4 servings approx.]
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Apples – 2 [unpeeled]
Ginger root – ½ inch piece [unpeeled]
Sugar -1 tsp
Rock salt – ½ tsp
Freshly ground black pepper – ½ tsp
Mint leaves -6 [for garnishing] OPTIONAL
In the Juicer, extract fresh juice of apple and tomatoes with fresh ginger root. Mix freshly squeezed juice with ice, rock salt and sugar in the cocktail shaker and shake well. Serve chilled. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper and fresh mint leaves. Enjoy.