Schezwan fried rice is part of Chinese cuisine. Schezwan sauce has distinct red chili and garlic flavor. Schezwan sauce is easily available at any Asian grocery store. When rice is tossed in fresh vegetables and schezwan sauce, it gets a unique spicy and tangy flavor. Enjoy this easy to follow recipe.
Schezwan fried rice : For Approx. 4 servings
- Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1/2 sliced
- Red bell pepper – 1/2 cut into strips
- Water chestnuts – 1/2 cup sliced
- Baby Corn – 1/2 cup cut in halves
- Fresh mushrooms – 1/2 cup sliced
- Fresh green beans – 1/2 cup cut in 2 inch pieces
- Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup halves
- Spring onions – 1/4 cup cut
- Schezwan Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Green chili vinegar – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- In a wok or big non-stick pan, heat olive oil on medium-hot flame.
- Add onions, water chestnuts, green beans, baby corns, mushrooms and in the very end red bell pepper. Toss together for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Now add cashews. The vegetables should be crunchy so we keep just cook, till its half done.
- Add schezwan sauce, rice vinegar, cooked rice and salt. Add spring onion leaves and toss well.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes and schezwan fried rice is ready to be served.
Garnish and Serving Suggestions:
Garnish with fresh spring onions and cashews. Serve hot.