Vegetable Chow mein [Indian style Noodles] with Paneer
This is the recipe for Indian style Vegetable Chow mein noodles. Kids love it and grown-ups too. 🙂
So make it spicy (following the recipe) for adults and less spicy for kids.
Ingredients: For Chow Mein [4 servings]
Packet Noodles (I use Organic flat wheat noodles from Trader Joe’s)
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1/2 lbs
Sweet Onion – 1/2 Medium size, Sliced
Capsicum (Green Bell pepper) – 1/2 cup, cut into thin stripes (julienne)
Cabbage – 1 cup, cut into thin stripes (julienne)
Carrot – 1/2 cup, cut into thin stripes (julienne)
Water Chestnuts – 1 can
Snow peas -1/2 cup
Bean sprouts – 1/2 cup
Spring onions – for garnish
Ginger- 1 tbsp minced
Soy Sauce- 1.5 tbsp
Sugar -1 tsp
Hot & Sour Sauce-1 tbsp
Maggi Hot & Sweet Sauce – 1 tbsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tbsp
Oil for stir frying -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Boil the noodles for 4-5 minutes or as the package directions. Do not over cook. Wash under cold water and keep aside.
- Rinse and prepare all the vegetables as directed.
- Cut paneer into small cubes and shallow fry it. Keep fried paneer aside.
- Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- Add all the vegetables except bean sprouts and stir fry on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled noodles carefully so they don’t break. Add fried paneer cubes to it.
- Stir in Soy sauce, Hot & Sour Sauce, Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, Garlic chili sauce and sugar. Stir in the bean sprouts. Cook for a few more seconds.
Garnish Chow mein with cut spring onions and serve hot.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of sauces according to your taste.