Bruschetta is my family favorite for Friday evenings. It is full of flavor with fresh ingredients and very simple to make. You can add any fresh vegetable you like as a topping.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Approximate: 6 servings
- French bread or Italian bread – 1 baguette
- Fresh Tomatoes – 3 chopped
- Sweet onion – 1 chopped
- Fresh basil leaves or Cilantro leaves – 10 chopped.
- Olive oil – 1/4 cup
- Fresh garlic cloves – 3 minced
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 1.5 cup
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1/4 tsp
- Salt as per taste taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, sweet onions, chopped basil or cilantro, minced garlic, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mix gently and keep aside.
- Cut the baguette into 3/4-inch slices. On a baking sheet, arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Spoon tomato-onion mix on each slice evenly. Top the slices with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Here is an easy no-stove pasta recipe. It can be prepared before hand. And you are sure to impress the guests!
Approx. 6 servings
- Shredded mozzarella cheese – 4 cups
- Ricotta cheese – 1 (15 ounce) container
- Frozen chopped spinach – 1 (10 ounce) package thawed and drained
- Jumbo pasta shells – 1 (12 ounce) package cooked and drained
- Pasta sauce – 1 (28 ounce) jar
- Salt as per taste
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cook jumbo pasta shells as directed on the package. Do not overcook them. Keep them al dente.
- Preheat oven at 370 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses and spinach; stuff into shells.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Lightly grease it.
- Apply a layer of pasta sauce in the cookie sheet.
- Arrange stuffed shells on the layer of pasta sauce. Pour remaining pasta sauce over the shells. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Uncover the sheet. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on the stuffed pasta shells and bake it uncovered for another 5 minutes, till the cheese melts and turns golden and crusty.
Enjoy warm Stuffed jumbo pasta shells with your favorite salad on the side.