This Mexican dip is a party favorite. It can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. It should be served at room temperature. You can add any ingredients of your choice but below is the list of most preferred ingredients in a seven layer dip.
Approx. 6 servings
- Re-fried beans – 1 can (16 oz)
- Taco seasoning mix – 1 (1 ounce) packet
- Sour cream – 1 (16 ounce) container
- Guacamole – 1 cup (homemade or store bought)
- Salsa – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 large chopped
- Green bell pepper -1 chopped
- Green onions – 1 bunch chopped
- Sliced black olives – 1 (6 ounce) can, drained
- Shredded Mexican cheese – 2 cups
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and re-fried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large rectangle glass container.
- Spread sour cream over the re-fried beans.
- Top the layers with guacamole and salsa.
- Now add layers of tomato, green bell pepper, half green onions and top with Mexican cheese.
- Garnish with sliced black olives and remaining green onions.
Serve at room temperature. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.
Ingredients: For 1 apple pie [Serves 6]
Pillsbury pie crust for 9 inch pan (2 sheets)
Assorted apples – 7 peeled, sliced
Brown Sugar – 1 cup
All purpose flour -2 tbs
Almonds – 1/4 cup crushed (for crunch)
Lemon juice -2 tbsp
Cinnamon ground -1 tsp
Nutmeg ground -1 pinch
Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter -2 tbsp
- Thaw the frozen pastry sheets to room temperature.
- Peel and slice apples.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, crushed almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and salt. Add apples and toss well to coat evenly.
- Line the pie pan with one of the thawed pastry sheet.
- Fill pastry lined pie pan with apple mixture. Add butter on the top.
- Place second crust on a plain surface and cut into strips.
- Now arrange the strips on the top of pie filling in criss cross manner., Seal the edges of the crust by hand.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream after any meal.
Ingredients: For eggless sponge cake
Sweetened condensed milk – 1/2can
Self raising flour- 140 gms (5 oz.) or 1.25 cups
Baking powder – 1 tsp (leveled)
Baking soda or soda bi-carb – ½ tsp
Melted butter – 60 ml (2 fl.oz.)
Water – 75ml (2.5fl.oz.)
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees (F).
- Grease 8 inches diameter cake pan.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Mix the flour mixture, condensed milk, melted butter, vanilla essence, water and beat well.
- Pour the mixture in the greased cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees (F) and bake for further 10 minutes or until cake starts leaving the pan from sides and an insert knife in the center of the cake come out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool off for few minutes.
- Run a knife around the edges to loosen the cake and place a flat plate over the cake pan and turn it over to transfer the cake on to the plate.
- Cool the cake completely before decorating.