Stuffed Cutlets: Mutter ki bharwan tikki
These cutlets are my all time favorite. You cannot go wrong with this🙂 . Simple yet delicious.
For Stuffed Cutlets: [Approx. 12 cutlets]
Potatoes – 5 medium
White bread [decrusted] –2 slices
Green Peas [fresh or frozen] – 2 cups
Cumin seeds [Jira] – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
salt as per taste
- Boil and peel the potatoes and keep aside.
- Mash all the potatoes and add 1 tsp red chili powder and some salt to it. Also add 2 slices of bread. Combine the ingredients into smooth dough.
- For stuffing, in a pan add 1 tbsp of cooking oil. Add cumin seeds to it. Let is splatter and then add fresh or frozen [defrosted] to the pan. Also add 1 tsp red chili powder and salt. Sauté the peas for 3-4 minutes on medium high heat.
- In a grinder, grind the sautéed peas coarsely. Keep aside for cooling down. Make marble sized balls of the stuffing.
- Take one drop of oil on both the palms and take lemon size mashed potatoes and stuff it with the stuffing balls and make round or oval shaped patties.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium hot. Fry the patties in the hot oil till they become golden brown.
- Drain the patties on a kitchen towel.
Serve hot patties with tea or coffee with green chutney or ketchup on the side.