Beat the summer heat with refreshing Cucumber cooler drink.
Makes 6 servings approx.
- English cucumber – 3 (peeled and cubed)
- Celery – 1 cup (cubed)
- Mint leaves – 10
- Fresh lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Honey – 2 tbsp
Mix all the ingredients in a blender. Strain and serve chilled. Garnish with cucumber slices and mint leaves.
Note: Add Vodka and convert refreshing cucumber cooler into Cucumber martini.
Hot and sweet Lemon pickle
This recipe is for very spicy and sweet lemon pickle. It is a condiment that can be served at breakfast with any kind of parathas or with the meal.
- Lemons – 15
- Lemon juice – 1/2 cup
- Mustard seeds (yellow split) – 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds (methidana) – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
- Asafetida (hing) – 2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/2 cup
- Vinegar – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Cooking oil – 1 cups
- Wash and dry Lemons thoroughly.
- Cut each lemon into 8 pieces. Keep them in a large bowl.
- In a pan, dry roast fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and fennel seeds. Grind the roasted spices in grinder and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, take the above roasted spice powder and also add red chili powder, turmeric powder and asafetida powder to it.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add it to the spice mix. Mix well.
- Add all the above mixture to cut lemons. Once again mix well.
- Now add lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and salt. Mix again.
- Take a clean jar; fill it up with the above pickle.
- Shake the jar every day for 10 days.
- Store it in a clean and dry place. Pickle is ready to eat in a 2 weeks.
Enjoy Hot and sweet lemon pickle with garma garam parathas (Indian bread) anytime of the day.