Fruit & Ice-cream-Trifle
This colorful and beautiful dessert is a sure crowd stunner. Trifle can be created in a number of different ways; using different ingredients every single time. I personally like the combination of fresh fruits and ice-cream so I tried this recipe with my favorite fruits and vanilla ice-cream with whipped cream, of course.
For Fruit & Ice-cream-Trifle [approx. 12 servings]
Frozen whipped cream, thawed – 1 (12 ounce) tub
Vanilla Ice-cream – 1/2 gallon
Fresh Kiwis – 5 ( peeled and sliced)
Fresh strawberries -1 pint
Fresh Cantaloupe – 1 cut in bite size chunks
Pineapple chunks – 1 large can
Mixed Fruit Cocktail – 1 large can
Whipped cream – 1 (for garnish)
Maraschino cherries – 1 jar
- Prepare all the ingredients as directed. Keep aside.
- In the trifle bowl, (you can also use any other large bowl too) layer the bottom of the bowl with cantaloupe chunks. Cover the layer with thawed whipped cream.
- Line the side of the trifle bowl with kiwi and strawberry slices. Inside keep layering fruit cocktail with ice-cream then pineapples with whipped cream and ice-cream till the bowl is almost full.
- On the top, garnish the layer with whipped cream. Decorate with cherries, kiwis and strawberries.
- Keep in the freezer till served.
Enjoy this fancy dessert with your friends and family after dinner.