For Green chili pickle
Green chilies – 25
Lemon juice – 1/4 cup
Mustard seeds (yellow split) – 1/2 cup
Coriander seeds – 1/4 cup
Asafetida (Hing) – 1/4 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) – 2 tsp
Fennel seeds – 2 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbsp
Salt – 3 tbsp
Vinegar – 2 tbsp
Cooking oil – 1 cup
- Wash and dry green chilies thoroughly.
- Cut green chilies into small pieces. Be careful to either wear gloves while cutting green chilies or use a pair of scissors instead of knife.
- In a pan, dry roast cumin, coriander, and fennel seeds. Grind the roasted spices in grinder and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, take the above roasted spice powder and also add red chili powder, turmeric powder and asafetida powder to it.
- Heat oil in a separate pan and add it to the spice mix. Mix well.
- Add all the above mixture to the green chilies. Once again mix well.
- Now add lemon juice and vinegar. Mix again.
- Take a clean jar; fill it up with the above pickle. Also add some hot oil on the top. So the pickle is completely submerged in the oil.
- Store it in a clean and dry place. Pickle is ready to eat in a week.
Enjoy green chili pickle with garma garam parathas (Indian bread) anytime of the day.