Approx. 4 servings
- Wheat flour (aata) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Desi ghee (clarified butter) – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Almonds – 1/4 cup sliced
- Almonds – 1 tbsp sliced for garnish
- In a pan, at medium-high heat add ghee. Now add wheat flour to it. Mix well. Keep the heat medium low.
- Now in another pan, dissolve 1 cup sugar in 1 cup water on low heat. Stir it till all the sugar is dissolved. Turn the heat off.
- Keep stirring the wheat flour with ghee on medium low heat, till it turns golden brown and produces good aroma. Keep an eye on it otherwise it burns quickly.
- Now add already made sugar syrup carefully to the pan and keep stirring. It all becomes thick and starts leaving the sides. All happens very quickly.
- Add sliced almonds to the halwa and it is ready.
Garnish it with 1 tbsp sliced almonds and serve warm.