When it comes to Indian vegetarian cuisine, Paneer dish is a must. Paneer also represents Punjabi cuisine. Mutter paneer is one of the most frequently ordered dishes in the restaurants. This is a quick recipe for mouthwatering mutter paneer [Under 15 minutes and without onions].
Ingredients: For Mutter Paneer (4 servings)
- Paneer [Indian cottage cheese]–1 lbs cubes
- Mutter [Green peas] – 2 cups
- fresh or frozen Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds [Jeera] –1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
- Dry kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
- Light cream or whole milk – 1 cup
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 1/2 tbsp
- Salt as per taste
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Add paneer pieces to the pan and shallow fry them until light golden brown. Drain on a kitchen towel and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add cumin seeds and ginger, garlic paste. Fry till it turns golden in color.
- Now add tomato puree and also add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, kitchen king masala to it. Let it simmer for 3-4 minute.
- Take the pan off the heat and gradually add yogurt to the gravy. Keep stirring. Now add cashews paste and mix well.
- Add frozen or fresh peas and fried paneer cubes to the gravy. Add a cup of light cream or whole milk and salt to taste. Also add honey to balance the flavor. Bring it to a boil.
- Let it simmer on medium low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add finally add dry kasoori methi to mutter paneer and mix well.
- The whole process will take less than 15 minutes, so it’s a quick and easy delight.
Enjoy Mutter Paneer with fresh roti/naan or fragrant basmati rice.