Mushroom and green peas is a classic combination if cooked as a mild Indian curry. It can be served as main course with fresh chapati or fragrant basmati rice.
For 4 servings approx.
Mushrooms (Khumb) – 1 pkt fresh or 300 gms
Green peas (Mutter) – 1 cup fresh or frozen
Whole garam masala – 1 tbsp
Onion -1/2 cup (pureed)
Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Green chili –1 finely chopped [OPTIONAL]
Cashew powder – 1 tbsp
Heavy whipping cream – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds (Jira)– 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Wipe Mushroom with damp cloth and cut into quarters. Keep aside.
- Defrost frozen peas in microwave for 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala and cumin seeds. Let it crackle. Then add pureed onions and sauté it, till turns light golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chopped green chilies. Cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder.
- Now add cut mushrooms and peas to it. Also add some salt. Mix well. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in heavy cream. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Mushroom mutter delight is ready to serve.
Garnish and serving suggestion:
Garnish mushroom mutter delight with fresh cream and finely chopped cilantro. Serve hot with fresh parathas or basmati rice.