Eggless blueberry muffins are great for healthy breakfast or a snack.
Approx. 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups ( I used 1 cup whole wheat flour + 1 cup all purpose flour)
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 4 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Melted butter – 3 tbsp
- Fresh or frozen blueberries – 1 cup
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl. Stir in milk and melted butter slowly . Fold in blueberries.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Sweet dalia is a nutritious breakfast for growing kids and especially new moms. It is rich in iron and protein with fewer calories. Cracked wheat is high in fiber.
Approx. 2 servings
- Broken wheat (Dalia) – 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery (Gur) – 3/4 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) – 1/4 cup
- Cashews, Almonds – 1/2 cup (coarsely chopped)
- Cardamom powder (Elaichi) – 1 tsp
- Golden raisins – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup(optional
- Dry roast coarsely chopped cashews and almonds and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, roast Dalia with ghee on medium-low heat. Let it roast for 7-8 minutes or till it gives roasted aroma.
- In a sauce pan, add water and milk. Bring it to a boil.
- Add it to roasted Dalia. Mix well to avoid any lumps. Cook it covered for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Add grated jaggery and grated coconut. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, golden raisins and roasted nuts to dalia. Let it cook for few more minutes, till it turns dry.
Serving healthy breakfast isn’t that hard. This easy recipe calls for what you mostly have in your refrigerator and pantry. And yes it requires no cooking skills :-).
Approx. 4 servings
- Organic vanilla yogurt – 2 cups
- Fresh strawberries – 10
- Walnut & Pecans – 1/2 cup
- Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal – 2 cups [Or any cereal of your choice]
- Lightly toast walnuts and pecans in a pan. Crush them in small bites. Keep aside. Cut strawberries in quarters and keep aside.
- Take four tall glasses to serve parfaits. Layer each glass with 2 tbsp of vanilla yogurt. Now add 4-5 strawberry pieces, add 2 tbsp of cereal and 1 tbsp of nuts.
- Repeat the same sequence, yogurt, strawberry, cereal and nuts in all four glasses. Garnish with strawberries.
- Serve immediately or for later use, cover these glasses with cellophane wrap and refrigerate.
Enjoy as a yummy and healthy breakfast.