Sweet dalia is a nutritious breakfast for growing kids and especially new moms. It is rich in iron and protein with fewer calories. Cracked wheat is high in fiber.
Approx. 2 servings
- Broken wheat (Dalia) – 1 cup
- Grated Jaggery (Gur) – 3/4 cup
- Clarified butter (Ghee) – 1/4 cup
- Cashews, Almonds – 1/2 cup (coarsely chopped)
- Cardamom powder (Elaichi) – 1 tsp
- Golden raisins – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup(optional
- Dry roast coarsely chopped cashews and almonds and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, roast Dalia with ghee on medium-low heat. Let it roast for 7-8 minutes or till it gives roasted aroma.
- In a sauce pan, add water and milk. Bring it to a boil.
- Add it to roasted Dalia. Mix well to avoid any lumps. Cook it covered for 3-4 minutes on low heat.
- Add grated jaggery and grated coconut. Mix well.
- Add cardamom powder, golden raisins and roasted nuts to dalia. Let it cook for few more minutes, till it turns dry.