Methi paratha is a great source of nutritious elements. Methi has antidiabetic medicinal value for type-1 and type-2 diabeties. Aside its nutritional and medicinal benefits, methi parathas are great for breakfast, travelling, picnics or just snacking with pickles anytime.
Approx. 8 Methi parathas
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Besan (gram flour) – 2 tbsp
- Fresh methi or Fenugreek leaves – 2 bunches
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Yogurt (dahi) – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Chaat masala – 2 tspAjwain – 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeera (Cumin) seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Clean methi leaves thoroughly.
- Finely chop methi leaves and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, besan, chopped methi leaves, chopped green chilies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, all the dry spices and salt. Mix well.
- Knead soft dough of the above mixture, adding little water at a time. Keep the dough aside for half hour.
- Divide the dough into small balls of suitable size and roll it out.
- Cook these parathas on the medium hot griddle. Turn them over to cook evenly in golden color on both sides. Apply little ghee/oil on each side and cook more for 30 seconds.
Serve garma garam Methi paratha with raita (flavored yogurt) on the side.