Happy Indian Republic Day!
Saare jahan se achcha Hindusitan hamara…….
Approx. 6 servings
- Yellow chana dal – 2 cups
- Onion – 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Fresh cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Soak chana dal 4-5 hours in plenty of water.
- Drain the water. Keep 1/4 cup soaked dal aside. Grind remaining dal without adding water.
- In a large bowl, add the above dals, onions, ginger-garlic paste, cilantro leaves, green chilies, cumin seeds and salt. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying vadas.
- Take 1 tbsp of the above batter in the palm of your hand, flatten them a bit and carefully fry them in medium hot oil till they turn golden brown in color.
- Drain vadas on the kitchen towel.
Enjoy these garma garam vadas with the chutneys of your choice.