For Paneer pasanda : Approx. 6 servings
- Paneer – 1 lbs
For sauce or gravy:
- Onion – 1 (pureed)
- Tomato puree – 1 cups
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Paneer – 2 tbsp grated
- Cashew nuts – 1/4 cup tbsp powdered
- Green chili – 1 tsp (finely chopped) [OPTIONAL]
- Heavy cream – 3/4 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Sugar/Honey – 2 tsp
- Whole garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Cumin – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Tandoori masala – 1/4 tsp
- Dry Fenugreek leaves(kasoori methi) – 2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cut paneer in 1X1 inch cubes. Put them in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain, add some salt and tandoori masala on paneer pieces and keep aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Very lightly shallow fry paneer cubes in 1 tbsp of oil. Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add whole garam masala. Let it crackle. Add cumin to it. Then add pureed onions and saute them, till turns light golden. Add ginger paste, garlic paste and chopped green chilies (optional). Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add grated paneer and cashew nut powder to the gravy. Bring it to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add honey to it. Stir in heavy cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add paneer pieces to the gravy. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add kasoori methi and mix well. Paneer pasanda is ready to be served.
Enjoy with fresh naan, paratha or steamed basmati rice.