Ingredients: [For Approx.30 laddoos]
Fine Rava/Sooji – 2 cups
Butter/ Ghee – 1/2 cup
Shredded Dry Coconut – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 1.5 cups
Evaporated Milk – 1 can
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – 1 pinch
Golden raisins – ¼ cup
Cashew/Almond– ½ cup
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp butter/ghee. Lightly roast raisins, almonds and cashews. Drain on kitchen towel. Coarsely chop nuts and keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining butter/ghee on medium heat. Add rava/sooji and fry until you get the nice roasted rava aroma.
- Add shredded coconut and sugar and mix well on low heat for a minute.
- Now add raisins, nuts, cardamom powder and Saffron. Mix well.
- Add evaporated milk and turn off the stove. Keep mixing for few minutes until the evaporated milk is well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl or thali. Let it cool till its managable. Do not cool completely.
- Take small amount of the mixture in your palm and make lemon size balls.