Ingredients: For 1 apple pie [Serves 6]
Pillsbury pie crust for 9 inch pan (2 sheets)
Assorted apples – 7 peeled, sliced
Brown Sugar – 1 cup
All purpose flour -2 tbs
Almonds – 1/4 cup crushed (for crunch)
Lemon juice -2 tbsp
Cinnamon ground -1 tsp
Nutmeg ground -1 pinch
Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 pinch
Butter -2 tbsp
- Thaw the frozen pastry sheets to room temperature.
- Peel and slice apples.
- In a large bowl, toss the sliced apples with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, flour, crushed almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and salt. Add apples and toss well to coat evenly.
- Line the pie pan with one of the thawed pastry sheet.
- Fill pastry lined pie pan with apple mixture. Add butter on the top.
- Place second crust on a plain surface and cut into strips.
- Now arrange the strips on the top of pie filling in criss cross manner., Seal the edges of the crust by hand.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake 40-45 minutes more or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream after any meal.