Festivities are in the air. Besan Ladoo is one of the most popular sweet in India. It needs few ingredients and is very simple to make. Enjoy these homemade ladoos this Diwali.
For Besan Ladoo (20 pieces approx.)
Ladu besan (gram flour) flour – 2.5 cups
Ghee – 1.5 cup
Powdered sugar – 1.5 cup
Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
Almonds – ½ cup
Cashews – ½ cup
- Crush almonds and cashews in the food processor and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat ghee. Now add besan and mix well.
- Keep stirring the mixture for approx. 20 minutes till the mixture turns golden and gives roasted aroma.
- Pour the mixture in a thali. Now add cardamom powder, almonds, cashews and powdered sugar. Mix evenly.
- Let it cool a bit and then start making lemon size balls (Ladoos) of the above mixture.
- Garnish with halved cashews and enjoy.