A chocolate lover’s delight!
Strawberries : One cup (144 g) of strawberries contains approximately 45 calories (188 kJ) and is an excellent source of vitamin C and flavonoids.
Chocolate :Chocolate is often spoken of as being good for the heart, in more ways than one. Not only does it have a chemical said to mimic being in love, but studies indicate that chocolate can improve blood vessel responsiveness (important for the prevention of heart disease), blood pressure, and cholesterol. Other studies have shown it has potential for improving glucose tolerance, which is important to those of us who are using low-carb diets to minimize blood glucose spikes.
Ingredients: [For 12 pieces]
Low Sugar or Sugar free chocolate : 12 oz [ I prefer 12 oz Ghirardelli dark chocolate]
Fresh Strawberries : 1 lbs
- Wash and dry thoroughly all the strawberries. Do not remove the green leaves form the strawberries.
- Insert toothpick in each strawberry. Keep them aside.
- In a double boiler [place a pot with some water on the heat and now place another pot on it with the chocolate], melt the semi sweet chocolate. Water in the pot below should not touch the pot sitting above it. Stir it till it becomes smooth and shiny.
- Dip the strawberries more than half way in the melted chocolate by holding them with toothpicks. Double dip to coat evenly. Let the excess chocolate drip in the pot.
- Now arrange all the strawberries on the parchment paper. Refrigerate them for 4-6 hours.
Enjoy these chocolate covered strawberries after your meals.