Potato is the most consumed vegetable. It can be prepared in so many different ways. This recipe is simple but super delicious.
For Lahsuni Aloo [4 servings]
Potatoes – 3 medium
Fresh crushed Garlic -2 tbsp
Fresh crushed Ginger – ½ tbsp
Green chili – 1 (cut into 4 pieces-lengthwise)
Cilantro -1 tbsp(finely chopped for garnish)
Olive oil – for shallow frying potatoes
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds -1 tsp
Asafoetida (Hing) powder -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
Kitchen king masala – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
- Peel and cut potatoes lengthwise into thick wedges and keep aside.
- In a pan, add some cooking oil, shallow fry the potatoes. Fry till potatoes are mostly done and turn crispy golden from outside. Drain and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat 2 tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and asafoetida powder. When it crackles, add crushed garlic and ginger. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add shallow fried potatoes to the pan. Mix well and cover the pan 2 minutes.
- Now add all dry spices (turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder and salt). Mix carefully without breaking potatoes. Sauté till the potatoes are golden and fully done. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
Enjoy hot with fresh roti or paratha.