A simple yet flavorful snack. In my opinion, making fried idli is the best use of leftover idlies. It can be served in between meals or as a hearty breakfast.
For Fried Idlies [4 servings]
Cooked Idli – 8 [Leftovers are better]
Sweet Onion – 1/2 medium size, sliced
Capsicum (Green Bell pepper) – 1 cup, sliced
Mushrooms (any variety) -1/2 cup, sliced [Optional]
Cashew nuts -1/2 cups, halves
Ginger- 1 tsp minced
Garlic- 1 tsp minced
Honey -1 tbsp OR Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp
Stir fry Sauce- 1tbsp
Maggi Hot & Sweet Sauce – 1 tsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tsp
Oil for stir frying -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- 1. Prepare all the vegetables as directed.
- 2. Cut cooked idlies into small bite size cubes and shallow fry it. Keep fried paneer aside.
- 3. Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and garlic and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
- 4. Add onions first and stir fry on high heat for 30 seconds.
- 5. Add green bell pepper with mushrooms and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add fried idli cubes to it. Add cashews.
- 6. Stir in stir fry sauce, Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, Garlic chili sauce, honey (or brown sugar) and salt. Cook for a few more seconds.
Serve hot anytime as snack or breakfast and Enjoy.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of sauces according to your taste.