Winter is here! The best lunch option for wintry days is grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of chunky hot soup. I have learned this simple yet special art of cooking grill cheese sandwich from my hubby. You can add any vegetable you like or make it just adding cheese. I’ll be posting yummy soup recipes soon.
To make 4 sandwiches
Bread slices [White or brown] – 8
Butter- 2 tbsp
Cheese slices – 8 [Kraft singles American cheese]
Tomatoes – 1 [finely chopped]
Sweet onions – ½ [finely chopped]
Avocados – 1 [sliced]
Cilantro – ½ cup leaves
Freshly crushed black pepper – 1 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Preheat skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Butter both sides of each bread slice and grill on one side until brown.
- Now flip the bread slices and take the skillet off the heat. Arrange one slice cheese, tomatoes, onions, avocadoes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Finally add one more cheese slice and the other bread slice [grilled side down].
- Carefully place the skillet on the heat again and press the sandwich down with heavy pan or any other griddle.
- Let it grill for 3-4 minutes on each side. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- Take the sandwich off the heat and place on the cutting board for 2 minutes. Then cut diagonally and enjoy.
Grilled cheese sandwich can be served warm with any soup of your choice.