Continuing the tradition of posting recipes for Diwali, I am sharing the recipe for healthy and simple Walnut – Dates Roll. Hope you like it.
Walnut-dates roll is a simple and healthy recipe. Enjoy as a dessert after a meal or anytime of the day.
Walnuts: Walnuts are a delicious way to add extra nutrition, flavor and crunch to a meal. While walnuts are harvested in December, they are available year round a great source of those all-important omega-3 fatty acids. [Source: www.whfoods.com]
Dates: California dates are loaded with the energy you need every day – to win a marathon or get you through a tough day. With only 24 calories per date (248 per 100 gram serving), dates are high in dietary fiber, carbohydrates, and contain more potassium than bananas! Yet they are virtually fat, cholesterol and sodium free! [Source: www.nutsonline.com]
For Walnut–Dates Roll [Approx 20 rolls]
Walnuts [Akhrot]– 1.5 cups
Dates pitted [Pind khajoor] – 1.5 cups
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Brown sugar [golden] – 1 tbsp
Ghee [Clarified butter] – 2 tbsp
Whole milk – ¼ cup
- In the food processor, coarsely chop walnuts and dates separately.
- Heat a pan, add ghee and chopped walnuts. Sauté for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder, chopped dates, brown sugar and milk. Keep stirring for 5 minutes. The mixture should be evenly mixed.
- Divide the above mixture in two parts.
- Take each part and tightly roll it in a square piece of aluminum foil. Rolls should be at least 10 inches long and 2 inches in diameter.
- Put both the rolls, with the aluminum foil, in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Take out the rolls after 2 hours, take off the aluminum foil and with a clean knife, cut the roll into half inch thick discs.
- Lay the discs flat in a plate and again put it in the refrigerator of 2 hours.
- Serve chilled or at the room temp.
Enjoy Walnut-dates roll as a dessert after any meal.
I’m glad to announce that this recipe is included in a french site’s database, on their website🙂
Link to the site: en.petitchef.com