Paneer pakora (Cheese fritters)
Easy to make and yummy in taste, is the perfect explanation for this snack. It is appetizing to even look at. Kids absolutely love it.
For Paneer pakora (4 servings)
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – 1 lbs
Besan (Bengal gram flour) – 2 cups
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1tsp
Baking soda – 1 pinch [optional]
Green chutney – 1 cup
Chaat masala – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 cup approx. (for making the pakora batter)
Cooking oil to fry
Salt as per taste
- Cut the paneer in 2*2 inch square thin slices. Keep aside.
- Prepare pakora batter by adding besan, salt, garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric and a pinch of baking soda in a bowl. Add water and mix well into a thick batter.
- On the paneer slices, apply a layer of green chutney and cover it with another paneer slice. It will look like a sandwich.
- Heat cooking oil for frying the pakoras. Check the temperature, if it is medium hot.
- Gently cover these sandwiches in the pakora batter and fry it in the oil.
- Fry till it turns golden and then drain it on the kitchen towel. Sprinkle some chaat masala to the pakoras when they are still hot.
- After 2-3 minutes, cut the pakoras diagonally and serve hot.
Serve with maggi tomato ketchup and tea on the side.