Refreshing Corn Salad…….spring is almost here!
Salads are the best compliment to any meal. Since this morning I saw new life to my plants, bright sunny sky and fresh breeze, I crave for something fresh and tangy for my palate. So here comes the simple yet flavorful recipe of Corn salad.
For Corn Salad [4 servings]
Corn kernels – 3 cups (frozen or fresh)
Potatoes – 2
Sweet Onions -1
Cilantro -1/2 cup
Lime Juice – 2 tbsp fresh
Chaat Masala – 1 tbsp
Black Pepper – 1 tsp
Roasted Cumin seeds – 1 tsp (powdered)
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Thaw frozen corn kernels in microwave for 2 minutes.
2. In a covered sauce pan, cook the fresh or thawed corn kernels for 5 minutes. Cool it down.
3. Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into small pieces. Chop sweet onions and tomatoes finely. Clean and chop cilantro finely as well.
4. In a salad bowl, add cooked corn kernels, chopped sweet onions, potatoes, tomatoes and cilantro. Mix gently.
5. Now add lime juice, chaat masala, freshly grounded black pepper, roasted cumin seed powder, sugar and salt. Mix the salad again.
Serve fresh with any meal or just as an anytime snack🙂.