Cashew nut stir-fried vegetables with Paneer
A Simple and flavorful vegetarian delight. Absolute favorite for even hard to please crowd, you know what I mean🙂.
For Stir-Fried Vegetables [6 servings]
Paneer (Indian cottage cheese) – ½ lbs, cut into bite-size cubes
Sweet Onion – 1/2 medium size, sliced
Capsicum (Green Bell pepper) – 1 cup, sliced
Mushrooms (any variety) -1/2 cup, sliced
Baby corn-1/2 cup, cut into halves
Carrot – ½ cup, cut into thin stripes
Water Chestnuts – 1 can
Snow peas – ½ cup
Green beans-½ cup, cut into bite size pieces
Cashew nuts -1/2 cups, halves
Ginger- 1 tsp minced
Garlic- 1 tsp minced
Soy Sauce- 1.5 tbsp
Honey -1 tbsp OR Brown Sugar – 1 tbsp
Lime Juice- 1 tbsp
Kung Pao Sauce- 1tbsp
Maggi Hot & Sweet Sauce – 1 tsp
Garlic chili sauce -1 tsp
Oil for stir frying -2 tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Prepare all the vegetables as directed.
2. Cut paneer into small bite size cubes and shallow fry it. Keep fried paneer aside.
3. Heat the wok and add 2 tablespoons oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced ginger and garlic and stir-fry briefly until aromatic.
4. Add onions and carrots first and stir fry on high heat for 30 seconds.
5. Add rest of the vegetables and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Add fried paneer cubes to it.
6. Stir in Soy sauce, Kung Pao Sauce, Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, Garlic chili sauce, Lime juice, honey (or brown sugar) and salt. Cook for a few more seconds.
Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles and Enjoy.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of sauces according to your taste.