Approx. 12 servings
- Pomegranate juice – 1 cup
- Guava juice – 2 cups
- Club soda – 1 cup
- Simple syrup – 1/2 cup
- Fresh lime juice – 4 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves – 1/4 cup
- Ice cubes – 2 cups
- Rum – 1.5 cups (10 oz.) [OPTIONAL]
In a blender add all of the above, except half mint leaves. Blend for few minutes. Pour in chilled glasses. Garnish with remaining fresh mint leaves and lime slices and serve.
Note: For non-alcoholic drink, leave rum out.
Simple Syrup: 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar, boil until sugar is completely dissolved. Cool it and use it in preparing beverages.
Tom kha Soup (Vegetarian Thai coconut milk soup)
Tom kha soup is one of the most commonly served Thai vegetarian soup. This soup is very nutritious and flavorful. It has galangal and lemongrass as main ingredients which has great medicinal values too.
Approx. 5 servings
- Coconut milk – 2 cups
- Vegetable stock – 3 cups
- Lemongrass – 3 stalks, cut into 1″ pieces
- Galangal – 2 inch root, thinly sliced
Note: ginger can be substituted as galangal, but the flavors are different.
- Green chilies – 2 finely chopped
- Sweet onion – 1 medium, cubed
- Tomato – 1 boiled, peeled and cubed
- Mushrooms– 1 cup sliced
- Bamboo shoots – 1/2 cup sliced
- Baby corns -1/2 cup cut in halves
- Bean sprouts – 1/2 cup
- Water chestnuts – 1/2 cup sliced
- Lime juice – 3 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup chopped
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper – 2 tsp
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt as per taste (Soy sauce has some salt too)
- In a big pot, add vegetable stock and coconut milk and boil.
- Add lemongrass, galangal, chilies, sugar and pepper.
- In a pan, heat oil. On high heat, Sauté all the vegetables for couple of minutes except bean sprouts.
- Add these vegetables to the coconut milk pot and keep boiling for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat.
- Add bean sprouts.
- Add lime juice, soy sauce and salt. Stir well.
- Soup is ready to be served.
Garnish and serving Suggestions:
Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and chilies. Serve hot before meal.