Moong dal Cheela: Savory crepe for breakfast
Moong dal (yellow split lentil) is very healthy and easy to digest. It can be used to make these simple crepes with onions and green chilies. Enjoy these crepes for breakfast or evening snack.
Approx. 4 servings
- Moong dal (yellow split lentil) – 2 cups
- Ginger – 1 inch piece grated
- Green chili – 1 finely chopped
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Fresh Cilantro – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Cooking oil for pan frying
- Wash and soak moong dal in water for around 4 hours.
- Grind the dal, green chili and ginger to a smooth paste. Add little water if required.
- In a large bowl, add batter, chopped cilantro, turmeric powder, salt and cumin seeds.
- Add little water to make the batter of a thick pouring consistency. Mix well.
- Heat a tawa (griddle) or a non-stick pan. Apply ½ tbsp oil to it.
- On medium heat, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it in a circle, moving from the center to the outer edges like making dosa or any pancake.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil along the sides, and let it cook on medium heat. Flip and let it cook on each side till it becomes golden brown.
- Repeat the above process with the remaining batter.
Serve hot with Green cilantro chutney or ketchup.