Seven layer bean dip
This Mexican dip is a party favorite. It can be prepared in advance and refrigerated. It should be served at room temperature. You can add any ingredients of your choice but below is the list of most preferred ingredients in a seven layer dip.
Approx. 6 servings
- Re-fried beans – 1 can (16 oz)
- Taco seasoning mix – 1 (1 ounce) packet
- Sour cream – 1 (16 ounce) container
- Guacamole – 1 cup (homemade or store bought)
- Salsa – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 large chopped
- Green bell pepper -1 chopped
- Green onions – 1 bunch chopped
- Sliced black olives – 1 (6 ounce) can, drained
- Shredded Mexican cheese – 2 cups
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and re-fried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large rectangle glass container.
- Spread sour cream over the re-fried beans.
- Top the layers with guacamole and salsa.
- Now add layers of tomato, green bell pepper, half green onions and top with Mexican cheese.
- Garnish with sliced black olives and remaining green onions.
Serve at room temperature. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips.