Ingredients : For bread pakoras : 8 pieces
Potatoes - 2 boiled and peeled
Onion - finely chopped
Green chilies – 1 finely chopped
Cilantro – 2 tbsp finely chopped
Roasted Cumin powder – 1 tsp
Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
Amchur powder – 1 tsp
Chaat masala – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
To make cover:
Bread – 4 slices
Besan (gram flour) – 1.5 cup
Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
salt as per taste
For pakora assembly:
Tomato Ketchup - 1/2 cup
Green chutney -1/2 cup
Cooking oil for deep frying
- In a bowl, prepare stuffing, by adding boiled and peeled potatoes, Onions, green chilies, cilantro, roasted cumin powder, red chili powder, amchur powder, chaat masala and salt. Mash it all together. Keep aside.
- Take one bread slice, apply a thin layer of ketchup on it . Cover it with another bread slice. Now apply a layer of potato stuffing on it. Cover with another bread slice. On this slice apply a thin layer of green chutney and finally cover it with a bread slice.
- The whole sandwich should have following layers: Bread - ketchup – Bread - Potato stuffing – Bread - Green chutney – bread .
- Cut the whole sandwich in 4 quarters. Quarters are easy to manage while frying. Keep them aside.
- For the covering batter: In a bowl, take besan, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Now add some water to make a smooth batter. Batter should not be runny.
- Now take each sandwich quarter, dip evenly in the above batter and fry it in medium hot oil.
- When the pakoda looks evenly golden on all sides, take it out and drain it on the kitchen towel.
- Let it cool a bit. Now cut it diagonally to reveal all the layers.
Enjoy with a cup of hot tea or cool lemonade.